St. Mark’s School of Reading
Join the St. Mark’s School of reading and receive books in the mail.
“Until I arrive, attend to the reading.” (1 Timothy 4:13)
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Fr. Mark's School of Reading - Book List - click here
2022 Book List
- Imagine Heaven – John Burke (January)
- The Bishop of the Abandoned Tabernacle –Victoria Schneider (February)
- The Amazing Secret of Purgatory – Sister Emmanuel (March)
- You’re Not a Chicken – Fr. Mark Goring (April)
- The World of Marian Apparitions – Wincenty Laszewski (May)
- The Gospel of Mark (June)
Past Book Recommendations
- “Our Lady of Kibeho” – by: Immaculée Ilibagiza
- Catechism of the Catholic Church – Part 4: Christian Prayer
- “Interior Castle” – by: St. Teresa of Avila (Translated and Edited by E. Allison Peers)
- Gospel of Matthew
- “Searching for and Maintaining Peace: A Small Treatise on Peace of Heart” – by: Fr. Jacques Philippe
- Book of Proverbs (Bible or “Proverbs: Douay Rheims Bible Version” – by: Fr. Mark Goring, CC
- “The Practice of the Presence of God” – by: Brother Lawrence
- “St. Joseph the Protector: A Nine-Day Preparation for Entrustment to St. Joseph” – by: Fr. Mark Goring, CC
- “The Way of a Pilgrim” – Translated by Nina A. Toumanova
- “Eclipse of the Body” – by: Christopher West
- “A Church in Crisis: Pathways Forward” – by: Ralph Martin
- “The Catholic Guide to Miracles” – by: Adam Blai
- “Maryam of Bethlehem: The Little Arab” – by: Sister Emmanuel Maillard
- “Abandonment to Divine Providence” – by: Jean-Pierre de Caussade
- “Story of a Soul: The Autobiography of St. Thérèse of Lisieux” – by: St. Thérèse of Lisieux
One book a year
Part Time Student
Three books a year
Full Time Student
Six books a year
Purchase a Fr. Mark Book
You’re Not A Chicken
An eagle egg falls into a chicken nest. A little eagle is born into a world of chickens. He thinks he’s a chicken and learns the ways of the chicken. Deep down he knows he was made to be free and to fly.
Hold my Beer
A routine airport drop-off turns into an escape to the wilderness. The world’s communications systems are down and Fr. Pedro’s five VIP passengers know exactly what’s going on – The Media Reset.
The global elite are establishing a New World Order and silencing opposing voices. A remote island hunting camp becomes a place of refuge and surprises.
St. Joseph the Protector: A Nine-Day Preparation for Entrustment to St. Joseph
A nine-day preparation for entrustment to St. Joseph. This little book will help readers learn more about the foster father of Jesus. It is also a guide for preparing readers to entrust themselves to St. Joseph.
My prayer is that through this booklet, you will find a friend in St. Joseph.
Treasure in Heaven
Treasure in Heaven is a prayer journal designed to help kick start your prayer life. It’s perfect for those who have never prayed before and those who have fallen out of the habit of daily prayer.
Smaller pocket-sized versions of Treasure in Heaven are available by contacting the Companions of the Cross main office. Visit us at www.companionscross.org.
In His Zone: 7 Principles for Thriving in Solitude
Solitude is a wonderful place to learn how to kindle this fire into flame.
We go to solitude to be still so that the Holy Spirit will come to us and make His home in us. We go to solitude to learn to enjoy the delight of this Holy Fire; to be in His Zone. So, Fr. Mark decided to camp on a raft for eight days as he wanted to see if these seven principles for thriving in solitude were as effective as he thought them to be.